Recipe 1 (Serves four)
Wiener schnitzel with Austrian organic veal
4 x 150g well-cleaned saddle of veal (each cut is meant for one portion of schnitzel)
200g coarse white flour
200g white breadcrumbs
500ml rapeseed oil
500ml concentrated butter
salt and pepper
How to do it
- Hammer the veal portion very thin and season with salt and pepper. In a bowl, lightly beat the eggs with a fork.
- Add a little more salt and pepper to the veal and bread it with first the flour, then the egg mixture, then the crumbs; in that order.
- Heat the rapeseed oil and butter in a large pan (medium-high heat). Fry the breaded schnitzel until golden brown on each side.
- Serve hot with half a lemon.
Recipe 2 (Serves 10)
Marillenpalatschinken (apricot crêpes)
200ml mineral water
2 tbsp oil
1kg halved apricots
1 stick cinnamon
1 star anise
40ml apricot liqueur
150g crystallised sugar
How to do it
- Make apricot filling first: melt sugar into a caramel, then add apricot liqueur. Add halved apricots and spices and slowly cook until slightly thick. Set aside.
- For the palatschinken: mix ingredients into a dough. Separate a small portion and “dye” it dark with cocoa powder.
- Pour the light and dark dough into a hot, oiled pan. Lightly brown on each side of the mixture.
- Transfer to a plate, spread with apricot filling, roll or fold, and serve.