For the best experience with monocle.com,
Colección de Iberia
Monocle magazine February
The Forecast 2020
The Monocle Winter Weekly 2019: Newspaper Bundle
The Monocle Travel Guide, London
Fine corduroy work jacket
Tweed-yarn shawl cardigan
Shell jacket with zip-in gilet
Olive trainers pulse boost HD
Check-In M 60 L
Fine yak blanket
Yoshino Hinoki Diffuser
Porto Side Table
Monocle A5 hardcover leather notebook
Key organiser with USB and multitool
Hinoki-wood desk organiser
Scent Four: Yoyogi
Scent One: Hinoki
Alpine: Face cream
De Bonne Facture
Hong Kong Airport
1. 806t by Westoveralls from Sunnysiders (Japan)
2. Jean baggy by APC (France)
3. 501 skinny by Levi’s USA)
4. The detroit by Atelier & Repairs (USA)
5. Pedal pusher by Closed (Germany)
6. Brooklyn denim by Blauer USA (USA)
7. 1997 by Acne Studios (Sweden)
8. Monroe by Chimala from Mouki Mou (USA)
9. Social sculpture dry denim-6 by Visvim (Japan)
10. Standard 105 by OrSlow (Japan)
11. 66 by Denime from Son of a Stag (Japan)
12. Peg by Acne Studios (Sweden)
13. Organic cotton AI indigo denim by 45R (Japan)
14. Straight jeans by Arket (Sweden)
15. Petit new standard by APC (France)
16. Fisherman jeans by Loewe (Spain)
17. High rise straight leg by Uniqlo (Japan)
18. Twisted pants by Lemaire from Mouki Mou (France)
19. Breezy by Golden Goose (Italy)
20. DP by Golden Goose (Italy)
21. Kimmy Jewel by Jacob Cohën (Italy)
22. J622 Eccellenza by Jacob Cohën (Italy)
23. AMI fit jean by AMI by Alexandre Mattiussi (France)
24. Slim fit 107 by OrSlow (Japan)
25. The Coda by Hiut Denim Co (Wales)
26. The Detroit by Atelier & Repairs (USA)
Photography Tony Hay
Styling Kyoko Tamoto
Sign up to Monocle's email newsletters to stay on top of news and opinion, plus the latest from the magazine, radio, film and shop.
If your new year’s resolution is to see more, then these smart but relaxed looks (with pockets aplenty and lots of layers) are your ally for
visits to galleries, restaurants and shopping expeditions.
Feeling confident? Good: 2020 is the year to be bold, put yourself out there and get noticed. And where better to start than with your wardrobe? These are the looks that will help you stand out from the crowd all year.
Offset those winter blues, greens and browns with flourishes of yellow and red – and layer up against the chill with oversized coats and snug knits.
There’s a chill in the air but that doesn’t mean you should hibernate. Bright knits and luxurious layers will help you face whatever the weather throws at you.
That chill in the air is a perfect excuse to layer up offset rakish suiting with soft pastels and be brazen with those bangles.
The weather is hotting up but there’s no respite in our hectic schedules. How to cope? Light, breathable fabrics will keep you feeling – and looking – cool.
Bold colours are not always the brightest idea. But, with sunny days ahead, now is the time to be brave enough to stand out from the crowd.
Luxury fashion in Mexico used to be European – but rising womenswear stars are redressing the balance.
Comfort trumps all in the heat. These light and loose layers will keep you cool whatever summer throws at you.
Bright days are here at last so it’s time to make a statement. Pastels and block colours are all you need to stand out – and stay smart.
As the season changes, it’s time for a wardrobe update with clean, cool neutrals, and crisp colours.
The new French menswear magazine with a refreshingly different approach.
sign in to monocle
Please enter a valid email address
Please enter a valid password
new to monocle?
Print magazine subscriptions start from £55.
+44 (0) 20 7725 4349(view hours)
Frequently asked questions
Terms and conditions