For the best experience with monocle.com,
Fashion editor's picks
Colección de Iberia
Monocle magazine November 2019
The Entrepreneurs, 2019
The Monocle Guide To Good Business – Deluxe Limited-edition
The Monocle Guide to Building Better Cities
Navy trainers pulse boost HD
A Kind of Guise
Cabin-plus M 45 L
Fine yak blanket
Yoshino Hinoki Diffuser
Porto Side Table
Monocle A5 hardcover leather notebook
Hinoki-wood desk organiser
Weekly diary, 2020
Scent Four: Yoyogi
Scent One: Hinoki
Alpine: Body lotion
Comme des Garçons
Hong Kong Airport
1. 806t by Westoveralls from Sunnysiders (Japan)
2. Jean baggy by APC (France)
3. 501 skinny by Levi’s USA)
4. The detroit by Atelier & Repairs (USA)
5. Pedal pusher by Closed (Germany)
6. Brooklyn denim by Blauer USA (USA)
7. 1997 by Acne Studios (Sweden)
8. Monroe by Chimala from Mouki Mou (USA)
9. Social sculpture dry denim-6 by Visvim (Japan)
10. Standard 105 by OrSlow (Japan)
11. 66 by Denime from Son of a Stag (Japan)
12. Peg by Acne Studios (Sweden)
13. Organic cotton AI indigo denim by 45R (Japan)
14. Straight jeans by Arket (Sweden)
15. Petit new standard by APC (France)
16. Fisherman jeans by Loewe (Spain)
17. High rise straight leg by Uniqlo (Japan)
18. Twisted pants by Lemaire from Mouki Mou (France)
19. Breezy by Golden Goose (Italy)
20. DP by Golden Goose (Italy)
21. Kimmy Jewel by Jacob Cohën (Italy)
22. J622 Eccellenza by Jacob Cohën (Italy)
23. AMI fit jean by AMI by Alexandre Mattiussi (France)
24. Slim fit 107 by OrSlow (Japan)
25. The Coda by Hiut Denim Co (Wales)
26. The Detroit by Atelier & Repairs (USA)
Photography Tony Hay
Styling Kyoko Tamoto
Sign up to Monocle's email newsletters to stay on top of news and opinion, plus the latest from the magazine, radio, film and shop.
There’s a chill in the air but that doesn’t mean you should hibernate. Bright knits and luxurious layers will help you face whatever the weather throws at you.
That chill in the air is a perfect excuse to layer up offset rakish suiting with soft pastels and be brazen with those bangles.
The weather is hotting up but there’s no respite in our hectic schedules. How to cope? Light, breathable fabrics will keep you feeling – and looking – cool.
Bold colours are not always the brightest idea. But, with sunny days ahead, now is the time to be brave enough to stand out from the crowd.
Luxury fashion in Mexico used to be European – but rising womenswear stars are redressing the balance.
Comfort trumps all in the heat. These light and loose layers will keep you cool whatever summer throws at you.
Bright days are here at last so it’s time to make a statement. Pastels and block colours are all you need to stand out – and stay smart.
As the season changes, it’s time for a wardrobe update with clean, cool neutrals, and crisp colours.
The new French menswear magazine with a refreshingly different approach.
The birthplace of countless couturiers might be known for chic womenswear but its men are masters of dressing down.
Our pick of accessories with a French spin that will ensure every outfit has a certain ‘je ne sais quoi’.
Spring is just around the corner so we’re giving you the green light to introduce a pop of colour to your wardrobe with well-chosen outerwear and accessories.
sign in to monocle
Please enter a valid email address
Please enter a valid password
new to monocle?
Print magazine subscriptions start from £55.
+44 (0) 20 7725 4349(view hours)
Frequently asked questions
Terms and conditions