For the best experience with monocle.com,
Colección de Iberia
Monocle magazine April 2020
The Forecast 2020
The Monocle Book of Japan
The Monocle Travel Guide, London
Fine corduroy work jacket
Olive trainers pulse boost HD
Shell jacket with zip-in gilet
Small shoulder bag
Check-In M 60 L
Porto Side Table
Yoshino Hinoki Diffuser
Candle One: Hinoki
Monocle A5 hardcover leather notebook
Weekly diary, 2020
Pen – black
Scent Four: Yoyogi
Scent One: Hinoki
Calabria roll-on fragrance
Travel-sized toiletry set
Hong Kong Airport
• • • MONOCLE IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS • • •
1. 806t by Westoveralls from Sunnysiders (Japan)
2. Jean baggy by APC (France)
3. 501 skinny by Levi’s USA)
4. The detroit by Atelier & Repairs (USA)
5. Pedal pusher by Closed (Germany)
6. Brooklyn denim by Blauer USA (USA)
7. 1997 by Acne Studios (Sweden)
8. Monroe by Chimala from Mouki Mou (USA)
9. Social sculpture dry denim-6 by Visvim (Japan)
10. Standard 105 by OrSlow (Japan)
11. 66 by Denime from Son of a Stag (Japan)
12. Peg by Acne Studios (Sweden)
13. Organic cotton AI indigo denim by 45R (Japan)
14. Straight jeans by Arket (Sweden)
15. Petit new standard by APC (France)
16. Fisherman jeans by Loewe (Spain)
17. High rise straight leg by Uniqlo (Japan)
18. Twisted pants by Lemaire from Mouki Mou (France)
19. Breezy by Golden Goose (Italy)
20. DP by Golden Goose (Italy)
21. Kimmy Jewel by Jacob Cohën (Italy)
22. J622 Eccellenza by Jacob Cohën (Italy)
23. AMI fit jean by AMI by Alexandre Mattiussi (France)
24. Slim fit 107 by OrSlow (Japan)
25. The Coda by Hiut Denim Co (Wales)
26. The Detroit by Atelier & Repairs (USA)
Photography Tony Hay
Styling Kyoko Tamoto
Sign up to Monocle's email newsletters to stay on top of news and opinion, plus the latest from the magazine, radio, film and shop.
Retailer Alex Eagle is realising her vision of covetable and lovingly selected womenswear, furniture and more at her loft boutique in London’s West End.
A trio of charismatic cousins is responsible for steering the success of Bilbao-based menswear brand Man 1924.
Austria’s coffee shops might have changed little over the years but they are still venues that inspire thought, conversation and refinement. All the more reason to ensure that you look the part.
If your new year’s resolution is to see more, then these smart but relaxed looks (with pockets aplenty and lots of layers) are your ally for
visits to galleries, restaurants and shopping expeditions.
Feeling confident? Good: 2020 is the year to be bold, put yourself out there and get noticed. And where better to start than with your wardrobe? These are the looks that will help you stand out from the crowd all year.
Offset those winter blues, greens and browns with flourishes of yellow and red – and layer up against the chill with oversized coats and snug knits.
There’s a chill in the air but that doesn’t mean you should hibernate. Bright knits and luxurious layers will help you face whatever the weather throws at you.
That chill in the air is a perfect excuse to layer up offset rakish suiting with soft pastels and be brazen with those bangles.
The weather is hotting up but there’s no respite in our hectic schedules. How to cope? Light, breathable fabrics will keep you feeling – and looking – cool.
Bold colours are not always the brightest idea. But, with sunny days ahead, now is the time to be brave enough to stand out from the crowd.
Luxury fashion in Mexico used to be European – but rising womenswear stars are redressing the balance.
Comfort trumps all in the heat. These light and loose layers will keep you cool whatever summer throws at you.
sign in to monocle
Please enter a valid email address
Please enter a valid password
new to monocle?
Print magazine subscriptions start from £55.
+44 (0) 20 7725 4349(view hours)
Frequently asked questions
Terms and conditions