The Danish capital likes to think of itself as the bridge between Scandinavia and continental Europe. It is a city rich in cultural opportunities that welcomes visitors with its great food. Best of all, it's ridiculously easy to enjoy all of its charms: Copenhagen is compact and everyone speaks impeccable English.
- The Danes are known as the easier going, more fun-loving natives of Scandinavia but behind that convivial façade they are also wily businesspeople.
- The Danes tend to say what they mean and cut to the chase. For example, if they want to know how much you earn they’ll most likely ask.
- Danes learn English from the age of eight and so are generally extremely fluent.
- Flying visit? Kastrup airport has excellent meeting facilities or take the metro and train links to the city from within the terminals.
- Danes aren’t big on formality. They much prefer 'hygge': the typically Danish spirit of social conviviality that eschews divisive conversation.
Soon to be part of the Monocle Travel Guide series