Recipe 1 (Serves four)
Poached eggs, spinach and ocean trout
600g baby spinach, washed
4 x 100g fingers of ocean trout or salmon, skin-on
4-inch-thick slices of sourdough bread
2 organic eggs, poached and drained
Herb salad (see right)
4 oven-roasted tomatoes (see right)
100g hollandaise sauce
How to do it
1. Toss spinach in a dry pan over heat until wilted; drain and season well.
2. Cook trout, skin-side down, in a little olive oil until the skin is crisp and flesh still pink inside. Turn, cook for 5 seconds and remove.
3. Grill bread and brush with basil oil.
4. Top the bread with poached eggs and salad.
5. Arrange spinach, trout and tomatoes on plate.
6. Scatter with pepper and serve with hollandaise sauce.
Recipe 2 (Serves four)
Avocado toast with herb salad
4 ripe tomatoes, cut in half
1 tsp sea salt
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tbsp chopped rosemary and thyme
2 tbsp olive oil
4-inch-thick slices sourdough bread
2 avocados, peeled, stoned, sliced
500ml fresh apple juice
100ml balsamic vinegar
100ml extra-virgin olive oil
Sea salt and pepper
2 cups of basil leaves
1 red onion, halved and sliced
2 cherry tomatoes, halved
How to do it
1. Cover tomatoes with salt, garlic, herbs and oil, bake at 180C for 30 minutes, then leave on the lowest possible heat overnight.
2. Simmer apple juice until reduced to 50ml. Mix the reduced syrup with balsamic, olive oil, sea salt and pepper.
3. Toss basil leaves and red onion in 50ml of dressing (leave the rest for future use)
4. Grill bread and brush with basil oil.
5. Top with avocado, tomatoes and salad.