Monocle, the rapidly growing premium media group, is on the hunt for a sharp, detail-oriented and personable Retail & Hospitality Manager that understands the value of delivering exceptional customer experience across the brand and can develop further our F&B and retail division.
With existing branches of The Monocle Café in Tokyo and London and The Monocle Shop in London, New York, Hong Kong, Toronto, Tokyo and Singapore, we have ambitious plans for the year ahead: expanding both our retail and café operations.
Monocle is seeking a retail and hospitality professional to maximise our customers’ experience through the best possible delivery of products, food, beverages and service. We want a visionary with strong leadership skills to communicate, execute and deliver continual excellence and improvement in our retail and hospitality operations. This will include the areas of customer interactions and offerings, the aesthetic presentation of food and drink, along with all aspects of our retail operation: getting products into development and production for retail and online, strategy for pop-ups and concessions, oversight of Monocle’s wholesale business and growing business development.
The Retail & Hospitality Manager will know the focus of our core businesses (magazine, web and radio), understand the power of brand experiences and drive customer loyalty, brand awareness and revenues across both café and retail operations.
While this is primarily a leadership role, it is essential that the Retail & Hospitality Manager is hands-on and entrepreneurial and work alongside managers and staff demonstrating best standards, attention to detail, professionalism, energy, and a can-do attitude.
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in business or hospitality management.
- 5+ years of proven success internationally in hospitality, retail and/or restaurant management for a premium, service-focused organisation: hotel, airline or luxury goods retail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- A high level of creativity and enthusiasm with expansive ideas for developing and scaling our retail business.
- A passionate appreciation of customer service and the culinary arts.
- Extreme attention to detail, ability to “see all” and engender this quality in others.
The Retail & Hospitality Manager will manage the hospitality and retail operations and development team in London, a team of shop managers internationally and Monocle's customer service function.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter explaining why you are suited to the role and what you can bring to Monocle.