Monocle is on the hunt for a sharp, personable, detail-oriented, hands-on, passionate and inspirational Retail and Hospitality Director for its expanding retail and café operations.
With existing branches of The Monocle Café in Tokyo and London, and The Monocle Shop in London, New York, Hong Kong, Toronto, Tokyo and Singapore, we have ambitious plans for the year ahead and are looking for a seasoned retail and hospitality professional who can join us at this exciting time for the brand.
- Overseeing all staffing and management for shops (London, New York, Toronto, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Singapore) and café (London).
- Product development for all collaborations – working with managers to get products into development and production for retail and online.
- Strategy for pop-ups and concessions.
- Oversight of wholesale business and growing business development.
- Development of branding and visual merchandising programmes.
- Defining brand experience, menu and service style and ensuring consistency between shops and cafés.
- Development of new retail and F&B formats.
The position is London-based with considerable Asia and North America travel.
Our ideal Retail and Hospitality Director will know the focus of our core businesses (magazine, web and radio), understand the power of brand experiences and drive customer loyalty, brand awareness and revenues across both café and retail operations.
You will have significant experience at management level within a premium, service-based organisation: hotel, airline or luxury goods retail. This includes managing multiple outlets, seasonality of demand and an international customer base.
You need to be able to identify areas of change, recommend future actions and manage implementation, as well as demonstrate a strong commitment to balancing the business operation with customers’ needs and Monocle brand values.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter explaining why you are suited to the role and what you can bring to Monocle to: Anders Braso email@example.com